Swadit - Visual OpenAPI Editor
Swadit is a visual editor for Swagger/OpenAPI files supporting the ‘API first’ approach: Design your API first, then start coding with generated code stubs!
You can try it out for free (no account/login needed): https://swadit.froschbach.io.
Currently supported features include:
- Design your REST API visually (no need to understand the Swagger/OpenAPI specification).
- Preview your API with a single click in Swagger UI.
- Open/save your API as Swagger/OpenAPI 2.0 file.
- For the expert: Edit the Swagger/OpenAPI source of your API in YAML format (with validation).
Swadit is completely run within your browser:
- No need to install server-side software (except for a web server, of course).
- Your API definition remains within your browser and is not sent to any server.
Hosted & branded Version
We offer hosting of a branded version of Swadit, so you can add your own logo and legal conditions. You may also make Swadit accessible via a subdomain of your company’s domain name.
Here is a feature comparison of the free version and the hosted/branded version:
hosted & branded
|Open local Swagger files within your browser||Yes||Yes|
|Save APIs as local Swagger files||Yes||Yes|
|Edit your API definition visually||Yes||Yes|
|Add a branding to Swadit (e.g., with your company's logo)||No||Yes|
|Offer Swadit under your sub-domain (e.g. swadit.mycompany.com)||No||Yes|
|Use your own SSL server certificates||No||Yes|
Both, the free and branded versions of Swadit are operated by an EU-based company and are hosted on European servers. We fully comply with EU regulations such as the GDPR.
If you are interested in a hosted & branded version, please request a quote.
Swadit is open source and published under GPLv3. Contributions, feature requests and bug reports are welcome! The project is hosted on Github: